Rescuing Leftover Cuisine (RLC) is a nonprofit organization committed to fighting food insecurity and preventing wasted food. We have cultivated a network of dedicated food rescuers who bring food directly from our donors to nonprofit organizations, letting neighbors help neighbors while reaping the environmental and economic benefits of reducing wasted food. Founded in 2013, our simple, but elegant model has redistributed over 10 million pounds of food cumulatively, and almost 3 million pounds in 2022 alone.
Partnerships Research Position
RLC is seeking an ambitious, strategic, passionate Research Assistant Intern who is committed to social, environmental, and local action to join our small, founder-led team and continue our impressive growth trajectory. Reporting to the Partnerships Director, the Research Assistant will help RLC recruit Food Donor Partners so we can significantly increase our social and environmental impact. Fully remote position (Eastern Time preferred but not required).
- Brainstorm and research opportunities for national Food Donor partnerships (restaurants, hotels, etc.)
- Research and organize up-to-date and impactful metrics, data, etc. related to social & environmental equity, justice, sustainability, etc.
- Related data entry
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Proficient computer skills, including Google Suite (Docs, Presentations and Sheets)
- Strong organizational, time management, attention-to-detail and verbal & written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple objectives and priorities
- Creative and curious search and analytical skills with strong attention to detail and effective note-taking
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Commitment to RLC’s core values of integrity, honesty, fairness, openness, respect & responsibility
- Typing speed of 65 wpm is required
RLC interns have the chance to work closely with the executive team and have the opportunity to make a true, meaningful impact in their time with the organization. This is a part-time, unpaid internship position, with opportunities for growth. Flexible hours (15-20 or more hours weekly) with a minimum 120-hour commitment. We welcome the opportunity to work with your school or school’s foundation to provide school credit or a stipend. The start date is in June 2023 with an end date in August 2023.
To express your interest, send an email to HR Manager email@example.com with a copy of your resume. Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid experience will earn credit.