Glimmer hires interns on a rolling basis for the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters. Interns will assist with a variety of work in and across internal teams where their skills are most necessary.
A Glimmer of Hope empowers rural Ethiopian communities to end the cycle of poverty. Our clean water, education, health care and microfinance projects create a powerful force for change.
We are looking for an upper level undergraduate or Master’s level Intern who is interested in international development or international affairs.
POSITION MAY INCLUDE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Reviewing project completion documents and photos for accuracy,
- Maintaining program/project records in our project management database,
- Reviewing proposals and reports from our construction partners in Ethiopia,
- Preparing proposals and reports for donors,
- Communicating with Addis Ababa, Ethiopia office on program tasks,
- Helping to organize our media content libraries,
- Contributing to and helping build Glimmer’s online presence,
- Writing and editing copy; assisting with visual storytelling;
- Executing tasks on quick deadlines
you’re a world changer. Interested in serving humanity? An internship at Glimmer means you’ll be a part of something big. Something that helps create change in your world.
you’re independent and innovative, yet roll with the punches. We expect creative thinking and solutions from everyone here. You are a self-starter who thinks outside the box and provides real-time solutions without handholding. Our close-knit departments constantly overlap, so you can jump right into group projects, and deal with a diverse group.
your organization skills intimidate Martha Stewart. You stay organized throughout the duration of a project, and are able to juggle multiple projects at a time. You’re a firm believer that every detail matters.
you get things done. You’re a pro at meeting deadlines. If you don’t know, you ask questions and get what you need to get the job done. You communicate early on if there is a problem. You don’t just show up, you perform your best.
knowledgeable and experienced. You have the education and work experience to back up your mad skills as a communicator and data analyst.
We’re looking for a part-time intern to come to our Austin office each semester (schedule is flexible). Please only apply if you are located in Austin, Texas.
An internship at A Glimmer of Hope is an incredible opportunity for students to gain experience at an international non-profit with a mission to help change the world. This is an unpaid internship but it may count for internship credit at your college or university.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Intern in the subject line and submit your resume and the answers to the following questions:
- Describe yourself.
- How did you become familiar with Glimmer?
- How did humanitarian work become a priority for you?
- Explain why you are applying for this position, and what makes you a good fit.
- If you are accepted, what will your personal goals be during your time here?
- What are two or three of your favorite websites?
- What is the last book that you read and enjoyed? The last book you read and didn’t enjoy?
- What are your three favorite movies?