This experiential educational program is designed to allow committed students:
• Gain insight into the practical aspects of the health care field
• Build rapport with health professionals
• Learn about the impact of managed care
• Apply their gained knowledge towards making career decisions
• Develop interpersonal and technical skills
• Acquire leadership experience through administration of the program
Students gain exposure to the allied health professions as well as network within the medical community. The program offers the student the opportunity to view the other aspects of medicine: legal issues, research topics, non-clinical atmospheres, community clinics, public health awareness, and medical ethics. The organization overall provides an insight into the field of medicine, as well as the educational processes required for that career.