The University Blog Team has created a UT branded WordPress Theme based off the theme called Responsive. Features include:
- UT colors
- UT Wordmark
- UT specific image
- Static homepage or Blog posts homepage
- 9 page templates, such as Blog, Blog Summary and Template based layout designs: sidebar/content, sidebar/content half, content/sidebar and content/sidebar half and full width page
- 9 widget areas
- Responsive design using fluid proportion-based grid system to adapt the design to the viewing environment (mobile, tablet)
- Theme Options to control the content, webmaster tools, logo management, social icons and 4 navigation menus.
Continue reading the posts below explaining how to change various options of this theme. We hope you enjoy the UT Austin Responsive Theme.
The image size of the header image is: 960wide x 320height.
- Go to Appearance > Header
- Under Upload Image, click Choose File to browse to your computer, find the image and upload it.
Tagged with: header
Posted in How To
If you go with the Static page, but would like Recent Blog Posts to show up on the Home Page:
- Go to Appearance > Widgets
- Under Home Widget 1 (or whichever you want to use), pull over “Recent Posts”
If you want to use UT Responsive as a standard “Blog” site, all you need to do is to create a page and use one of the two available Templates called “Blog Excerpt (summary)” or “Blog (full posts)”. Here’s how:
1. Go to Pages > Add New Page
2. Title it Blog.
3. Under Page Attributes > Template > Choose either Blog Excerpt (summary) or Blog (full posts).
4. Click Publish
5. Now go to Settings > Reading
6. Under Front page displays, choose A static page. Then, select the page you just created. Click Save Changes.
If you want to change it back to the Static Page, Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Home Page. Enter your Home Page content and click Save Options.