– Get FIT! — Get FIT is a 12-week nutrition, exercise and behavior change class.
– Naturally Slim – Naturally Slim is an online behavioral program that helps you change how you eat instead of what you eat. It’s not a diet. And, it’s free for UT Select medical plan members age 18 and up. Find out more at UT Living Well.
– Nutrition benefits offered for UT Select Members — UT Select covers healthy diet counseling by a licensed dietitian at no charge when the service is provided in-network and billed as preventive care. To find a provider, visit http://www.bcbstx.com/ut. Select the Specialist tab and type in Nutrition & Dietetics or Dietitian to find a provider near you.
Common reasons that people see a dietitian:
- Medical diagnosis with significant nutrition implications including diabetes, hypoglycemia, heart disease, high blood pressure, and/or high cholesterol
- Food and body image concerns
- Eating disorder
- Weight management (interest in losing or gaining weight)
- Digestive problems like food allergies, lactose intolerance, celiac disease, irritable bowel, and/or colitis
- Vegetarian or vegan diet advice
- Family history of nutrition-related disease
- Recent appetite changes
- Vitamin or mineral deficiency related to diet
- Nutritional analysis – you want to get feedback on your diet and eat smarter
– Farm to Work — Through the Farm-to-Work (FTW) program, the Sustainable Food Center (a local non-profit) is connecting UT Austin to local farmers to provide fresh produce to faculty and staff on a weekly basis.
– UT Farm Stand — UT Farm Stand is an opportunity to purchase local, organic produce and learn about sustainable food choices and their impact on the environment.
Visit the UT Farm Stand on the following days from 12:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.:
- April 27 on the West Mall
- May 5 on the East Mall
Customers can pay with cash, cards or Bevo Bucks. To learn more, check out the UT Farm Stand on Facebook.
– Jenny Craig — UT Select plan members are eligible for discounts to Jenny Craig through the Blue Extras Weight Management Discount Program. Jenny Craig can help you achieve your weight loss goals through one-on-one support provided by a trained weight loss consultant. For more information, log-on to your UT Select Medical Plan account. Select the icon for the Blue Extras on the right side.
– Blue Care Connection Weight Management Program — UT Select Medical Plan members have access to the Blue Care Connection Weight Management Program at no additional charge. This program offers guidance and support through personal motivational telephone coaching, an action plan for your lifestyle, online tools and discounts to wellness-related products and services. For more information or to enroll, please call 1-866-412-8795.