– Get FIT — Get FIT is a 12-week exercise and weight loss program administered by FIT staff. This program involves three workouts and one luncheon seminar each week. In addition to the exercise and weekly seminar, Get FIT also includes before and after DEXA Body Composition tests allowing each participant to see changes in fat, muscle, and bone.
– RecSports — A RecSports membership provides you with all the benefits of a full service gym, right here on campus. RecSports is an incredible place to take a break from work to exercise, play, relax and pursue a healthy lifestyle. Members receive access to many opportunities for health and wellness. The eight facilities managed by RecSports feature early morning and late evening hours for a total of 110 hours per week. Most notably, Gregory Gym, Bellmont 326 and the Recreational Sports Center open at 6am weekdays.
– Physician Exercise Referral – Individuals with medical conditions that can be improved by physical activity (such as diabetes, hypertension, depression and more) are able to receive reimbursement from their healthcare flexible spending account to pay for some exercise programs or equipment. A Letter of Medical Necessity is required for all exercise referrals. For details and more information, please visit http://www.utsystem.edu/offices/employee-benefits/physician-exercise-referral.
– Fitness Discount Program – The UT Select Medical Plan also offers a Fitness Program through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas. This program offers discounts to several gyms in the area, including Anytime Fitness and LA Fitness. For more information, log on to your UT Select Medical Plan account. Select the icon for the Fitness Program on the right side of the page.
– LifeMart Employee Discount Program – For even more great discounts on fitness activities, check out LifeMart, which has over 20 offers to local work out programs, including 24 Hour Fitness (see UT Exclusives).
– Silver Sneakers– for retirees only