Coming soon in 2018!
The HealthPoint Wellness Program has partnered with Catapult Health to offer onsite wellness screenings for faculty and staff enrolled in the UT Select medical plan. It’s a quick and easy way to learn your most important heart health numbers, such as blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides.
The wellness screening consists of:
- One simple finger prick to measure your levels of total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, glucose, triglycerides, and AST and ALT (liver enzymes)
- Blood pressure
- Body mass index
- Abdominal circumference
Once your results are ready, which only takes a few minutes, you will meet virtually with a nurse practitioner who will answer your questions and help you create an action plan for improving your health.
- The screening is offered at no cost to UT Select Plan members.
- Participants should fast for 8 hours prior to their appointment.
- Appointments will take approximately 45 minutes.
Coffee and snacks will be provided!
Participants will be eligible for cool prize drawings:*
- Longhorn tailgating prize pack
- Bose Portable Wi-fi speakers
- Roo Hammock
Space is limited! Please make every effort to attend your appointment or cancel 48 hours in advance to avoid a “no show” fee.
Dates and locations:
- University Administration Building (UTA)
- Gregory Gym, Games Room
- Pickle Research Campus, Commons Learning Center
- Thompson Conference Center
For frequently asked questions, please click here.
If you need further assistance, you may reach the Catapult support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-234-1840.
If you have accessibility needs, please contact Human Resources, at least five days in advance of the event at 512-471-4772.
In accordance with the university’s Handbook of Operating Procedures (HOP 8-1060) the carrying of hand-guns is prohibited in patient care areas which include this wellness screening.
* Prize drawings are open to UT Austin employees only. The value of the prize will be included in the recipient’s taxable income. Prize winners agree to have their name featured in HealthPoint communications (website, newsletter, emails, etc.).
Participation in HealthPoint work-life balance and wellness activities is completely voluntary. Parking fees are not included for HealthPoint activities. HealthPoint values and respects employees’ privacy. Personal health information, if collected during a wellness activity, is protected and kept confidential, where applicable, according to the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) regulations. Only aggregate, de-identified data is used for trending purposes.