Recognizing Asian & Asian American Faculty & Staff Instilling Strength and Excellence (R.A.I.S.E.) Award
The Asian/Asian American Faculty and Staff Association (AAAFSA) at The University of Texas at Austin proudly announces Recognizing Asian & Asian American Faculty & Staff Instilling Strength and Excellence (R.A.I.S.E.) Awards. Each year, the RAISE Awards recognize an outstanding faculty, staff, administrator, and graduate student at The University of Texas at Austin. Recipients are recognized for their service to the Asian/Asian American community on campus and/or for managing faculty, staff, or student issues and concerns with engaging, constructive support. RAISE Award recipients will receive a $500 reward and a plaque honoring their leadership at the campus.
- Demonstrated exemplary care, concern, and dedication in their support of our campus, community, and/or AAAFSA as they pursue their goals at the university
- Upholds AAAFSA’s missions and values (Support, celebrate, and empower Asian and Asian American faculty, staff, and admin; Foster a community that provides opportunities for networking, communication, and growth; Serve as a voice that represents and advocates for AAFSA’s members; Increase awareness of the Asian and Asian American issues within the University community.)
- Nominees MUST be a current faculty, staff, administrator, and/or graduate students
- Nominees do not have to be Asian, of Asian descent, or current AAAFSA members
- Have not been RAISE recipients in the past
ADDITIONAL NOMINATION INFORMATION:
- All are encouraged to nominate individuals for each of the four categories
- Please submit one form for each person you are nominating. Self-nominations are welcome
- Applications will open in Spring 2021
All submissions will be reviewed and selected by an AAAFSA Leadership Chair. For additional information, please contact AAAFSA Leadership Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.