Welcome to the blog for Atlas of a Medieval Life! This is where we’ll post updates about all the projects under the AML umbrella as they go along. You can read more about our goals here.
What we’re working on now
This summer, we’re:
- Solidifying a handlist of documents that show Roger de Breynton’s movements and associations.
- Preparing to teach a joint graduate-undergraduate research lab course in Spring 2021! In the course, students will work on network and geo-spatial analyses of the handlist documents.
- Identifying tools and workflows that will be used in the class.
- Using OCR and web scraping to get machine-readable text (however messy, for now!) for all of our documents.
What’s coming next
In the future, you can expect to see:
- Blog posts about methods we’ve used to wrangle and manage our data
- Blog posts exploring some aspects of or vignettes from Roger de Breynton’s and his associates’ lives
- Posts from students about their work
- General project status updates
- Open-access data, as it becomes ready for public eyes!