UT College of Natural Sciences Inventors Program
bringing science ideas to life
Welcome to the CNS Inventors Program! Our goal is team up talented Natural Sciences students with industry, community, and faculty partners. We want to create a path for the students to experience the translation of scientific discoveries into societal impact. The CNS Inventors Program will capitalize on the successful foundation of the Freshman Research Initiative (FRI) .
The primary student goals of the Inventors Program are threefold:
- Teach science commercialization via experiencing the process.
- Nurture science students’ recognition of their creative potential.
- Prepare students for workforce leadership roles.
Through the proposed program we expect to strengthen students’ communication skills with diverse audiences and to improve student’s collaboration skills by supporting multidisciplinary teams. By the end of the program students should also have expanded their professional networks and have a stronger understanding of business practices.
The primary community/industry benefits of the CNS-IP program are:
- Access to trained undergraduate researchers
- Increased engagement with the university’s faculty and research expertise
- Networking opportunities with other stakeholders
- Contribute to STEM development and outreach efforts within the state of Texas
- Early look at student talent