*Please note that PDTI is on hold for the 2020-2021 Long Session in compliance with UT’s Travel Ban.
The College of Fine Arts (CoFA) and Fine Arts Career Services (FACS) are pleased to offer financial support to qualifying groups of students who design their own professional development travel opportunities through the Professional Development Travel Initiative (PDTI).
The PDTI provides up to $700 per student for short-term (3-5 day) group travel to professional development opportunities. These opportunities can be part of an organized event such as conference or designed by the group. All currently enrolled undergraduates whose majors are in CoFA are eligible to apply. Groups should be between 2-5 students. Individuals will be considered in rare cases, but priority will be given to groups. Preference will be given to participants who have never received PDTI funding before. Each group must have a faculty sponsor who will provide a letter of support for the group’s proposal, as well as a host sponsor in the proposed travel location that will assist with the group’s project. As of Spring 2018, students may only receive PDTI once during their time at UT. Students who received PDTI prior to 2018 are eligible to receive the scholarship twice during their time at UT.
Each member will complete the online application. Please note that due to the current travel restrictions, PDTI will not be offered for summer 2020. Please check back in June for the fall PDTI application.
- Each member will upload a resume with their application
- You will need to sign-in with a google or utexas account in order to complete the application
*One member from each group will upload the project proposal, which should consist of:
- Summary of the project and the project goals
- Detailed Itinerary
- Recommendation letter from the sponsoring faculty member (one letter per group)
- Confirmation emails from at least 3 of the individuals/organizations you will meet with as part of the professional development activities of your trip.
- An itemized budget that includes all group members’ expenses. Your budget should state both the amount being request per individual and the total amount requested.
- The documents making up the proposal should be combined into one PDF, which will be uploaded to the Google Form. Only one group member needs to upload the proposal.
*Partial applications will not be considered. Make sure that in addition to submitting one complete proposal per group that each group member submits an individual application.
Groups selected for funding commit to:
- Meet with CoFA representatives as a cohort once before travel departure.
- Document the process of their project through a public journaling resource/blog
Examples of use of funds
Funds under this initiative (up to $700 per student) may be used for the following:
- Travel to professional development locations and organizations such as master classes, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Admission/participation fees in conjunction with these professional development opportunities.
Funds may NOT be used for:
- Books, journal subscriptions, tapes, CDs or DVDs
- Copying charges and application preparation costs
- Tuition and fees to any institution for course credit
- Computers or computer peripherals
Please note that UT currently has travel restrictions in place through the fall semester. The spring PDTI deadline will be announced once the travel policy for the spring semester has been announced. PDTI will not be offered if travel restrictions are in place.
Spring Semester Funding: TBD
Summer Semester Funding: Monday, April 19, 2021
Fall Semester Funding: Monday, July 19, 2021
FACS Funding Info Sessions
If you are interested in applying for the Intern Scholarship or PDTI, consider attending one of FACS Funding Info Sessions! Click on the events below to RSVP.