Fine Arts Career Services will be hosting a variety of in-person and virtual events for our Fall 2021 Creative Exchange workshop series.
Creative Exchange covers core skills necessary for a robust and sustainable creative career. We offer workshops on important career development skills like creating resumes and cover letters, networking, and searching for jobs in the arts. We also host a variety of guest speakers who are working arts professionals in order to give UT students exposure and connections to several professions in the arts. Our full schedule, including event registration, is on Handshake, and you can see a preview of our Fall 2021 schedule below.
Fall 2021 Schedule
- September 7: Resume Basics
- September 14: Cover Letter Basics
- September 21: Networking Basics
- October 12: Job Interview Basics
- October 26: Should I Go to Grad School in the Arts?
- November 16: Managing Your Freelance Career
- September 17: Which Path is For Me? Exploring Creative Careers in the Arts
- September 24: Powered by TALA: Personal Finance for Working Artists
- October 15: A Chat with Sam Keiser
- October 29: Job and Internship Search Basics
- November 12: Social Media Basics
- November 19: Managing a Performance Venue: A Panel Discussion
- December 3: A Chat with Ariel Jackson
- September 29, 6:00PM-7:00PM: Internships and Apprenticeships with the Roundabout Theatre Company
- November 9, 7:00PM-9:00PM: Art Curator Careers Networking Night Presented by Fine Arts Career Services and the Visual Arts Center