- One, we call Standard. It’s the default and allows you to use all typical functions in the rich text editor.
- The other is called Advanced. Only the Web team or users assigned to the Content Administrator Advanced role can switch pages to allow more advanced code.
- Security: The type of scripts used in YouTube embeds can be manipulated to inject malicious code.
- Accessibility: The default code that you copy from YouTube is missing the required Title element. Data tables require extra complex code to make them accessible to people using assistive technology.
- Device Responsive: Data tables may not load properly unless coded properly for all devices.
Switching to Advanced
It is no trouble for us to switch to the Advanced setting, so please never hesitate to ask. In no way do we want this to be a barrier for you using rich content.
If you are granted the Content Administrator Advanced role you can toggle on the Advanced Text format below any text area field. You must follow all instructions on this site carefully in order to maintain quality accessible, secure and responsive content.