The COFA Distinguished Research Award is given annually to a faculty member for extraordinary accomplishment in the area of scholarly research, publication, creative work or collaborative performance/production in the past three years as evidenced by a record of accomplishments, awards/fellowships, critical review and citations. This award is primarily intended to recognize senior lecturers and those in the assistant or associate rank (tenure-track and non-tenure track).
- Fine Arts faculty and students may nominate candidates for this award using the form available below. Faculty members may not self-nominate. Forms are due to Tim Creswick in the Dean’s Office by Monday, March 8, 2021. Nominees can be tenure-track/tenured (assistant or associate) or non-tenure track faculty (assistant, associate, or senior lecturers) who hold a full-time appointment in the College of Fine Arts for a minimum of three consecutive years.
- Nominees will be asked to provide a dossier of the following materials:
- A research statement that emphasizes the impact of the nominee’s contributions on their field (two page maximum).
- One letter of support from a faculty member or a professional in the candidate’s field that assesses the candidate’s recent and predicted future impact on their field. This letter must not come from the nominator.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Supporting evidence of impact on the field (e.g. copies of critical reviews, citations of scholarly work, interviews, press, etc.) from the most recent three years.
- Nominations will be reviewed by a college committee.
- The winner will be notified in early May.
- The winner will receive a cash award of $5,000 processed through payroll.
- The winner will be recognized on the COFA website.
- This fillable PDF works best in Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat DC or as a download on Chrome
Previous Award Winners
- 2021 – Nicole Awai, Department of Art and Art History
- 2020 – Gesel Mason, Department of Theatre and Dance
- 2019 – Jiwon Park, Department of Design
- 2018 – Katie Dawson, Department of Theatre and Dance
Page last updated: 05/24/2021