The COFA Distinguished Service Award is given annually to a faculty member to recognize outstanding and sustained administrative service to the university, professional organizations and the public over the past five years. Examples include leadership, administration, and committee assignments at the department, college, and university; service to professional societies/organizations as editor, program reviewer, or board member; community/public service; peer and student mentoring; faculty/staff/student recruitment and retention; and advocacy for under-represented groups.
This award is not intended to recognize service or administrative work for which the faculty member already receives additional compensation.
- Fine Arts faculty and members of the community may nominate candidates for this award using the form available below. Faculty members may not self-nominate. Forms are due to Tim Creswick in the Dean’s Office by Monday, April 06, 2020. Nominees can be tenured or non-tenure track faculty who hold a full-time primary or joint appointment in the College of Fine Arts.
- Nominees will be asked to provide a dossier of the following materials:
- A service statement (two page maximum) describing recent accomplishments
- A listing of service activities performed over the last five years, including titles and years
- One letter of recommendation from a peer faculty, community member or national peer organization highlighting administrative service performed regionally or nationally and describing the impact of that service on the university, program, community, and/or professional field. This letter must not come from the nominator.
- Curriculum Vitae
- All departmental service will be validated by department chair or school director.
- Nominations will be reviewed by a college committee.
- The winner will be notified in early May.
- The winner will receive a cash award of $5,000 processed through payroll.
- The winner will be recognized on the COFA website.
- This fillable PDF works best in Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat DC or as a download on Chrome
Previous Award Winners
- 2019 – Carma Gorman, Department of Design
- 2018 – Chris Bain, Department of Art and Art History
Page last updated: 3/30/2020