- Chair/directors should familiarize themselves with requirements of non-tenure track appointments to ensure alignment with college and university rules and regulations.
- In most cases, it is not necessary to conduct formal recruitment for temporary positions. Rather, departments should have an ongoing general ad posted on UT FacultyJobs for their non-tenured positions.
- Chairs/directors should apply parallel consideration regarding faculty diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Each department must document its internal procedures by keeping a log of all applicants and retaining applicant materials according to the UT Retention Schedule.
- Approval to hire and fund temporary faculty starts with the soft money budget request, usually done in late spring in conjunction with budget process for upcoming fiscal year.
Page last updated: 2/4/2019