According to The University of Texas System, instructional continuity refers to the capability of an institution of higher education to maintain teaching and learning despite a disruptive event or set of circumstances, or the capacity to rapidly resume teaching and learning after a disruptive event.
The CoFA Instructional Continuity and Innovation (ICI) team supports instructors and administrators in their efforts to further best practices for instructional continuity and innovation in the College of Fine Arts.
CoFA Instructional Continuity and Innovation CoVID-19 Teaching Support
- 1:1 Support on any Topic – Submit a CoFA ICI Help Request Form (Fastest Response)
- IT Specific Support – CoFA IT Help Desk
- 1:1 Office Hours – Contact Assistant Dean for ICI, Julie Schell
Endorsed Trainings and Workshops
- UT Austin Online Education Task Force Course – Transitioning to Online Learning
- Online Self-Paced Canvas Course
- Summer Lunch & Learn Series – Peabody Institute – Every Tuesday!
- Includes recordings and presentations on numerous Music instruction topics.
- July 7: Recording and Electronic Tools for Musicians
A discussion of tools and techniques for musicians working and teaching remotely.
- July 8: Leading with Science: Returning to Music Instruction and Performance in the Time of COVID-19
- July 14: Music and Health in the Time of COVID-19
- July 21: Chamber Music and Instrumental Ensembles in a Remote Learning Environment Panel Discussion
- July 28: Applied Instruction in a Remote Learning Environment Panel Discussion
CoFA Teaching Online With Zoom Training Session Recordings (EID Required)
- Breakout Rooms
- Final Projects and Presentations via Zoom (Basic)
- Guest Lecturers or Panelists
- Reflecting on the First Week
- Reviews and Critiques through Zoom
- Zoom Basics, Part 2 (overview of Zoom Interaction Tools)
CoFA New Training Session Request Form
UT Austin Resources
- CoVID-Faculty & FAQs (Official UT Austin Provost Site)
- Faculty Innovation Center Instructional Continuity Page
- UT Canvas Office Hours and Training Sessions
- UT Student Resources
- Zoom at UT Austin Basics