- CCF Expert Chloe Bird for Newsweek: Why Mothers Need Continuous Care Even After Children are BornBird and co-authors Lois McCloskey and Ann Celi write, “Pregnancy care should be conceptualized not as a singular event or series of events, but as a key source of information for women’s health care prevention […]
- Health Care Is a Family Stressor—So There’s Good NewsSeptember 16, 2015; The U.S. Census Bureau’s report on income, poverty and health insurance coverage, released today, reflects the continued uncertainty for U.S. families that has persisted since the Great Recession. Year-to-year changes in most […]
- The Americans with Disabilities Act: A Civil Rights Landmark for People with Disabilities, Including Down SyndromeThe Americans with Disabilities Act, passed July 26, 1990, is one of the most significant pieces of civil rights legislation in American history. What the Civil Rights Act of 1964 did for people of color, the Americans with Disabilities Act did for people with disabilities — a population of between 36 and 54 million Americans, representing 12 to 19 percent of the U.S. population.
- It’s April 15: Do You Know Where Your Income Tax Dollars Are Going?Download Full Report as a PDF Download Full Report as a Word Document Americans tend to think we are better off than families in most other industrial countries because we pay lower income taxes. But […]
- Reversing Course: The Impact of “Faith-Based” Sexual Health and Family Planning Policies at Home and AbroadBy AnneMarie Murdock Research Intern Council on Contemporary Families Download Full Report as a PDF Download Full Report as a Word Document Recent trends in U.S. sexual education and reproductive health policies threaten to jeopardize […]