COVID-19 Protocols for the 2022 Pharmacy Practice Seminar
We have the safety of our staff and attendees in mind as we return to live, in-person events in Texas. On this page, you can learn what we’re doing—and what you can do—to protect participants and preserve our in-person environment. We understand that guidelines may rapidly change at times and we will make every effort to keep this page updated as new information arises.
For the safety and comfort of all participants, we are asking all attendees, regardless of vaccination status, to observe the following precautions:
- Especially those who are at increased risk for COVID/severe illness, it is recommended to wear face masks when in crowded spaces, except when eating or drinking, and adhere to The University of Texas’ Mask Guidance.
- Maintain physical distance when possible, based on the current CDC guidelines.
- Wash hands frequently and minimize touch point contact.
- Follow other safety protocols put in place for a specific event, and
- Agree to the Personal Accountability Commitment at the bottom of this page.
Note: Governor Abbott’s executive order is clear that governmental entities cannot compel individuals to receive a COVID vaccine approved for emergency use, and that organizations receiving public funding cannot require individuals to show documentation they have been inoculated. Accordingly, UT institutions are not requiring proof of a COVID vaccination before participating in a university-sponsored event. However, we strongly recommend that all attendees be fully vaccinated prior to attending one of our in-person live events. Vaccines not only help stop the spread; they have also proved incredibly effective in virtually eliminating the most serious COVID health risks for most people.
What We’re Doing Differently
Here’s a look at what we’re doing differently at our live, in-person conferences:
- Public areas will be sanitized.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on-site.
- Self Check-In – name-tags will be displayed on tables allowing attendees to pick up tags with safe distancing.
- Registration will offer additional flexibility and convenience. Registration offers attendees the option to attend the live webinar broadcast or the in-person conference. Attendees will have the option to switch their attendance method (in-person vs. live webcast) for no additional fee.
- Regular cancellation fees will not be assessed due to illness or exposure to COVID-19.
|In the week prior to the start of the event, if you are experiencing symptoms, have tested positive for COVID-19, or think you may have been recently exposed to COVID-19 – please stay home. We’ll transfer your registration to the live webcast for no additional fee – or you can watch the recorded sessions on your own time (available to all attendees within 4-6 weeks).|