Deadline to Apply: June 23, 2015
(Applications might be considered shortly after the posting closing date)
The Department of German and Slavic Studies at the University of Manitoba (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) invites applications for a sessional instructor position to teach Introductory Russian and Intermediate Russian in the fall semester (Sept – Dec 2015). Deadline for applications is 23 June 2015, but applications might be considered shortly after the posting closing date.
- Master’s degree, Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in the English language is required.
- Background/specialization in subject area required.
- Demonstrated competence in post-secondary teaching required.
- Empathetic approach to the instructional needs and concerns of students is required.
- Previous teaching in the subject area or related area would be an asset.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing instructional and testing materials relevant to the course being taught.
- Marking/grading of exams and assignments etc.
- Providing constructive feedback to students.
- Maintaining regular office hours.
Please apply online following the instructions:
Applications are to be separate for each course (to teach Intro Russian and to teach Intermediate Russian): https://umanitoba.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=10150