Deadline for Spring Semester: October 15, 2015
The Balkan Language Initiative offers intensive, highly- individualized instruction in Albanian, Bosnian, Macedonian, and Serbian. Through homestays, conversation partners, in-class instruction, and a wide range of extracurricular activities, participants enjoy an unprecedented opportunity to immerse themselves in daily local life in a region largely unserved by study abroad programs.
- Tirana, Albania
- Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Skopje, Macedonia
- Belgrade, Serbia
Title VIII Fellowships can cover up to 75% of the costs of participating in RLASP! Title VIII fellowships are awarded on the basis of financial need and academic merit.
To be eligible for Title VIII funding, applicants must:
- Meet the requirements of their selected program;
- Have completed their undergraduate studies by the time their program starts;
- Be enrolled or demonstrate intent to enroll in graduate study in a field relevant to the formulation of U.S. policy in the region;
- Demonstrate academic excellence.
- Indicate their wish to be considered for financial aid when completing the application for the selected program and complete all of the questions and forms that follow.
If you meet the criteria listed above, you will automatically be considered for Title VIII support for your program: Apply Now!
To learn more about how to apply for Title VIII funding to participate in an American Councils language program, interested students should visit our website www.acstudyabroad.org/title-viii or contact us at: email@example.com, phone (202)-833-7522.