Deadline for Application: January 28, 2016
Boren Fellowships provide a unique funding opportunity for U.S. students to study in world regions critical to U.S. interests (including Africa, Asia, Central & Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East). The countries of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand are excluded.
The fellowship allows graduate students to add an important international and language component to their graduate studies. Boren Fellows can receive up to $24,000 for overseas study or up to $30,000 for a combination of overseas and domestic study.
Additional information on preferred geographic regions, languages, and fields of study, as well as application procedures can be found at www.borenawards.org.
The Boren Fellowship national application deadline is January 28, 2016. For more information about the application process, click here. Boren Scholarship applicants will be notified of their status by mail in mid-late April.
Webinars for Boren Fellowship Applicants:
- Wednesday, October 14: The Boren Fellowship: A Competitive Application
- Tuesday, October 27: Understanding the NSEP Service Requirement
- Thursday, November 5: The Boren Fellowship: General Information
- Friday, November 13: The Boren Fellowship: Crafting Competitive Essays
- Tuesday, November 17: The Boren Fellowship: Crafting Competitive Essays
- Monday, November 23: The Boren Fellowship: General Information Session
- Thursday, December 3: The Boren Fellowships: A Competitive Application
- Thursday, December 10: The Boren Fellowship: General Information Session
- Tuesday, January 5: The Boren Fellowship Alumni Panel
- Wednesday, January 6: Understanding the NSEP Service Requirement
- Wednesday, January 13: The Boren Fellowship: Crafting Competitive Essays
- Tuesday, January 19: The Boren Fellowship: Crafting Competitive Essays
- Thursday, January 21: The Boren Fellowship: Putting on the Final Touches
For more information about the Boren Awards, to register for one of our upcoming webinars, and to access the on-line application, please visit www.borenawards.org.
For more information, please contact Boren Awards at 1‑800‑618‑NSEP or firstname.lastname@example.org.