Deadline for Full Consideration: February 14, 2016
Review of applications will begin on February 15, 2016 and will
continue until the position is filled!
The Department of Russian and Eurasian Studies at Mount Holyoke College
invites applications for a three-year appointment as Five College Lecturer
in Russian serving the Russian Language Initiative for Mount Holyoke, Smith
College, and the University of Massachusetts Amherst. The appointment is
anticipated to begin in academic year 2016-2017, with the possibility of
renewal, pending approval of funding and continuing need.
The position requires teaching the Russian language at all levels,
designing instructional materials, using instructional technology where
appropriate, organizing and participating in extra-curricular programs. The
successful candidate will teach five courses each academic year, at least
two of which will be on a campus other than Mount Holyoke.
- Applicants are expected to have at least a Master’s degree or equivalent in Russian language, literature, linguistics, second language acquisition, or
a related field
- Experience teaching Russian as a foreign language at the college or university level
- Native or near-native proficiency in Russian and English
- Online Application
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching philosophy
- Sample Syllabi course materials prepared by the candidate (as one pdf)
- Teaching evaluations (as one pdf)
- 3 letters of reference submitted on their behalf
We recommend early submission because electronic prompts to referees will be generated automatically (and letters of reference accepted) only after the completed application has been submitted!