Deadline: July 1, 2016
The overarching goal of the Community Development project is to help establish new and strengthen existing cooperation between community members and groups, to enable them to more effectively assess, plan and implement community, social and economic development.
Volunteers help their Ukrainian counterparts to develop leadership skills, promote volunteerism, civic engagement, service learning, advocate for positive changes, and strengthen civil society. They also assist in organizational capacity building of the partner organizations in the area of planning, internal management, programming, service delivery, and financial sustainability. In the realm of small business and economic development, Volunteers improve business skills of their Ukrainian counterparts and help them to cultivate new economic opportunities to benefit their communities. As a response to the newly emerging environment, the areas of activities Volunteers may be involved in are sustaining volunteerism, facilitating fundraising, developing charity and philanthropy, assisting Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), and assisting with local government reform on decentralization. There are no pre-requisite language requirements for this position.
- A Master of Business Administration degree or a Master of Arts/Master of Science degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, Accounting, Banking, or Finance
- Emotional maturity and ability to
- Cross-cultural awareness and
sensitivity, creativity and sincere commitment to Peace Corps
- MBA, MA/MS in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, Accounting, Banking or Finance and 2-3 years of responsible experience in business sector
- Or BA/BS in Economics, Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Banking, Finance or Public Administration and full-time business experience
- Or Presentation and training facilitation skills
- Fundraising and grant writing experience
- ICT skills.
For more information about the position and to apply, please click here!