Deadline: July 1, 2016
As an Urban and Regional Planning Volunteer, you may be placed with either a local government unit (Municipality/Commune/Regional Council) or one of a variety of different community-based organizations. Examples of placements include a locally-based independent Non Governmental Organization (NGO), locally-based branches of national-level NGOs, local branches of World Vision, local units of a central government institution, and local NGOs which work on cultural heritage. The first five groups of community developers were placed in a spectrum of organizations within the broad realm of community development activities. Current project activities are focused in several key areas: municipal development, NGO development, business development, tourism/cultural development and preservation, and capacity-building in the area of information and communications management and technology. There are no pre-requisite language requirements for this position.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree or Master of Arts/Master of Science degree in Urban/Regional Planning
- Master of Arts/Master of Science degree in Public Administration or Public Policy with an emphasis in urban planning
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture, Urban Studies or Geography, and urban planning experience
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in any discipline plus professional experience
- Experience on GIS/Mapping
For more information about the position and to apply, please click here!