Deadline for Application: February 15, 2016
Program Dates: June 10, 2016 – July 10, 2016 (4 weeks)
Contemporary Russia explores the collapse of the Soviet Union and the rise of the Russian Federation, economic and political developments under Vladimir Putin, Russia’s relations with its neighbors today, the role of the mass media in society, and the latest trends in popular culture.
Students will take two 4-credit courses on Contemporary Russian Culture, and Politics and Economics in Post-Soviet Russia, both conducted in English by faculty at Moscow International University. Participants also receive five hours of Russian language instruction per week, at the appropriate level (including beginner; no prior foreign language study required).
- Academic support and peer tutoring
- Lodging in double-occupancy dormitories
- A full-time resident director in Moscow to oversee the academic and cultural program
- Pre-departure orientation
- 24/7 Emergency and medical support; comprehensive overseas health insurance
- Visa assistance