Deadline: April 15, 2016
Our Summer Intensive Russian Program takes on the challenge of mastering the language by rooting active speaking, reading, writing, and listening skills in formal knowledge, aided by grammar study, and vocabulary-building.
The goal is to put students confidently on the path to Russian language fluency and to growing appreciation for one of the world’s great cultures—from “The Battleship Potemkin” to the Sochi Olympics. Мы приглашаем вас открыть мир русского языка с нами!
- Students are exposed to real-world materials such as YouTube videos, Russian pop music lyrics, and animation to stimulate broad-ranging communicative activities
- Students work on individual projects to develop fluency in their own fields of interest
- Free tutoring with fluent Russian speakers to support classroom learning
- Conversation partner program, which offers a chance to interact with native-speakers from the Institute’s graduate and ESL programs
- Weekly and daily co-curricular activities designed to enhance formal study. Some past activities include:
- Excursion to the Russian quarter of San Francisco
- Russian game nights
- Weekly Russian film nights
- Instructors with native-level fluency, advanced teaching degrees and years of experience in prestigious universities
- Career advising to support students’ career paths related to the Russian-speaking world
For more information about the program and to apply, please click here!