Deadline: April 12, 2016
PAE Government Services, under contract for the U.S. Department of State, is seeking applications from well-qualified U.S. citizens for the following position within the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE).
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
- University education in journalism, international relations or related field, communications, public relations, media studies or professional certification in journalism, public relations or media technology
- Experience in working in or with the media or in public relations, particularly in gathering, organizing, editing and disseminating information
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, including the ability to prepare news- related documents and public presentations in simple, clear language for a broad non-diplomatic audience
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
- Advanced degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with structuring and granting of interviews, press conferences and media events
- Strong writing skills for a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of the historical and current political situation of the Mission area; previous working experience in Ukraine a strong asset
- Experience in working with journalists, producers and bookers
- Extensive field experience and ability to work independently
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure; proven resilience to high stress environment
- Professional fluency in English, both oral and written, and the ability to draft documents clearly and concisely
- Working knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian language(s), including the ability to conduct substantive business in one of these languages
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity
- Cultural sensitivity and sound judgement
- Familiarity with the use of internet, intranet, digital photography and video
- Ability to operate Windows applications, including word processing, databases, and e-mail
- Experience of working in an international organization, public affairs or professional communications
- Competence in print and electronic media production and the mechanics of print and electronic technology
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Initial duration of appointment/assignment for this post is until 31 March 2017, subject to a subsequent OSCE Permanent Council Decision to extend the mandate of the Mission.
Potential applicants should be aware that this is a non-family posting.
If applicable, deployment is subject to attendance to and successful completion of pre-deployment training and assessment.
- Drafts news items, stories and interviews related to the Mission activities in the area of responsibility
- Develops and implements a media strategy designed to generate maximum positive local, regional and international coverage of Mission activities
- Organizes press conferences and media events
- Monitors local and international media, as well as social media and produces regular summaries and updates of relevant information
- Handles requests for interviews from domestic and foreign journalists, drafts press lines and talking points
- Develops and maintains a media contact database
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the Mission’s website and social media channels
- Advises the Team Leader in media related questions and contributes to media training
- Responsible for the proper distribution/dissemination of the hand-outs materials
- Conducts regional outreach activities in support of the Mission’s mandate, in co-ordination with the respective Team Leaders and Media Team at the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine’s Head Office
- Performs other duties as assigned
In order to receive full consideration, interested parties should create an online application and enter the relevant vacancy number (VNSMUS00380) at: https://www.pae.com/careers-react. Only finalists will be contacted. PAE-REACT will interview short-listed candidates in order to make nominations by the OSCE deadline.