Deadline for Applications: April 15, 2016
The School of Russian and Asian Studies (SRAS), a UT affiliate study abroad partner, is offering scholarships (in the form of reduced tuition) for a limited number of UT students for study in Poland this summer!
- Crossroads I – The History and Culture of Central Europe: June 4-June 26, 2016
- Crossroads II – Security Issues and Central Europe: June 25 – July 10, 2016
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Policy: July 9 – 24, 2016
- Crossroads I (history and society), 3 US academic credits, June 4-June 26, 2016, $3995
- Crossroads II (security studies, timed with the NATO summit in Warsaw this coming summer), 3 US academic credits, June 25 – July 10, 2016, $2995.00
- Intro to Cybersecurity Policy: 3 US academic credits, July 9 – 24, 2016, $2995.00
- Additional option: A beginner’s Polish course is also offered from May 28th – June 5th, 1 US academic credit, $995.00 (or $350 if enroll in all three courses listed above)
- Housing accomdations
- Lunches on class days in Warsaw and breakfast during any travel legs (Crossroads I goes to Krakow and Berlin)
Participants will be met at the airport upon arrival but will be responsible for getting to the airport upon course completion/departure from Poland (7 USD taxi ride)
Students are responsible for airfare to/from Warsaw, breakfast and dinners and personal expenses that are not included in course fees. Participant must have a valid passport. Open to US and non-US citizens though if you are a non-citizen you may have to apply for a visa depending on your country of citizenship.
- Write a brief statement (5-10 sentences max) of why you want to study in Warsaw, Poland this summer
- Send an email to Elliott Nowacky with “SRAS Warsaw Scholarship 2016” in the subject line that includes your name, EID and the name & e-mail address of one faculty reference
We will put our nominees in touch with SRAS on Monday, April 18th. Students must complete all SRAS application requirements no later than April 22, 2016 to receive the discounted tuition scholarship.