Deadline: May 15, 2016
The Chair of Slavic Literatures and Cultures at the University of Passau invites applications for the position of Senior Research Assistant or Assistant Professor, starting October 15, 2016.
This is a part-time position, amounting to 0.5 full time equivalent (FTE), based on a limited-term contract valid for a period of three years, until October 14, 2019, with the option of renewal.
- Plan, administer, and deliver classes of a total of 2.5 hours
- Collaborate on research projects
- Pursue your doctoral studies or postdoctoral project (habilitation)
- A Master’s degree in Slavic Literary and Cultural Studies or in a respective interdisciplinary program focusing on Eastern Europe
- Excellent command of Russian and English and proficiency in German (or the willingness to learn German within two years)
- Good computer skills
- Familiarity with Polish or Czech language, literature, and culture
- Interest in digital research (Digital Humanities, Internet Studies)
- Teaching experience
- Reremuneration in accordance with pay grade E13 of the German public-sector collective agreement TV-L, salary level dependent on qualifications and experience
- A rewarding, diverse, and challenging academic position on a modern, verdant campus located on the banks of the river Inn, a few minutes’ walk from the historic Old Town of Passau
- A great work climate in a family-friendly environment
To apply, please send your full application (including school, training, and work certificates) as a single pdf file to email@example.com by no later than May 15, 2016. Once the application process has been completed, we will retain your application on file for five months before deleting it from our computer systems.