Deadline: May 2, 2016
Dates: June 30, 2016 – July 15, 2016
The National Institute for Higher Education and the Belarusian State University invite students, post-graduate students, employees of educational and research institutions, interpreters and other persons that wish to master the Belarusian language and Belarusian studies for the summer semester of International Summer School of Belarusian Studies.
- An intensive course of the Belarusian language for the Elementary and Intermediate levels (48 hours)
- Lectures on topical issues of Belarusian Linguistics, Literature Studies, the History of Belarus, Ethnology, Linguistic Culturology
- At students’ request – individual consultations with prominent Belarusian researchers
- Interactive events, master-classes, round-table discussions
- Excursion tours to historical sites of Minsk and Belarus
- Visiting museums, exhibitions, libraries and other cultural establishments of the city and the country
- Meetings with figures of Belarusian culture, art and science
Educational and cultural programs and visa will be paid by the hosting organization. Travel expenses, meals and accommodation (the hostel of the National Institute for Higher Education: a single room is 15 Euros, a double room is 10 Euros, a triple room is 5 Euros) are at the cost of the participants of the seminar.
Applications for participation in the seminar are to be sent and are to include the full name, country, education, place of work or study, contacts (the application form is attached), the level of the language courses; for the third level it is required to indicate an approximate list of topics for individual consultations.