Availability: 2 Vacancies
For many years our Educational Center “Cosmopolitan” has run highly successful and unique educational and cultural programs in delightful countryside outside Novosibirsk. At the Summer Camps from June through to August children and students from all over Siberia are brought together to study English and other languages under the guidance of both Russian and volunteer teachers from all over the world, and international students from all the different countries join the program to learn the Russian language and get exciting first-hand cultural experiences.
In the summer we run ‘LINKING THE PLANET’ International Summer Language Camp. It is an educational multi-cultural program that our Educational Center “Cosmopolitan” runs in a picturesque wooded area outside of the city of Novosibirsk, Siberia, Russia, in four consecutive two-week sessions, with participation of local Russian children, youth and adults, and volunteer teachers and international students from around the globe.
- Session 1 (the ALTAI session) – June 17th until June 30th
- Session 2 – July 5th until July 18th
- Session 3 (the ALTAI session) – July 26th until August 8th
Prospective participants choose themselves which session(s) they want to attend. There is no limit of number of sessions attended. Participation in two and more sessions will certainly give you more opportunities to experience the culture, learn the language, interact with people, enjoy a larger excursion, cultural and socializing program.
We are looking for native speakers of English, German, French, Spanish and other languages, who would like to be volunteer teachers of their language and/or volunteer workshop coordinators at our summer language camp. No previous teaching experience is required. University students are eligible to apply as volunteer teachers/creativity workshop coordinators. Teaching at the camp can also be considered as an internship with all necessary paperwork and an on-site internship supervision provided. We are looking for people who are energetic, enthusiastic, open-minded, sociable, enjoy camp experiences, are willing to share their knowledge and culture.
- Accommodation and full board (3 meals a day + a snack) in a recreational center facility which is situated in a picturesque area outside of Novosibirsk or in the Altai Mountains area, and provides rooms, classrooms, recreational facilities
- 5 classes of Russian daily for international students, 3 classes of Russian daily for volunteer teachers, classes are taught by well-educated native speakers trained to teach foreigners
- Exciting cultural and recreational program: contests and competitions, shows, performances, disco, etc
- Sports and outdoor activities
- Excursion program: a guided tour of the largest Siberian city of Novosibirsk
- Transportation from/to the local airport in Novosibirsk
- Visa support (letter of invitation and registration upon arrival)
For more information, please visit here and students who are interested can contact the Director Natalia Bodrova at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and application inquiries!