Deadline for Submissions: June 17, 2016
This spring, the Center for Languages of the Central Asian Region (CeLCAR) will be hosting the Second Conference of Central Asian Language and Linguistics (ConCALL-2) at Indiana University7-9 October, 2016.
Keynote Speakers for the conference include:
—Barış Kabak, Department of Linguistics, University of Würzburg, Germany
—Arsalan Kahnemuyipour, Department of Language Studies, University of Toronto, Canada
—Silvina Montrul, Department of Linguistics, Professor, University of Illinois, USA
—György Kara, Department of Central Eurasian Studies, Indiana University, USA
There will also be a number of other invited speakers, selected among linguists working on Central Asian languages and linguistics.
We are still accepting submissions for 20-minute paper presentations (with 10 minutes for questions and discussion) or poster presentations on topics related to Central Asian languages and linguistics within the conference theme: “Continuing the Journey: Strengthening the Central Asian Language Community.”
Presenters will have the opportunity to submit to the published proceedings of the conference. (Please feel free to view the 2014 Proceedings: http://www.iub.edu/~celcar/ConCALL2014/proceedings.html)
Submissions can include, but are not limited to:
- Formal linguistics (phonology, morphology, syntax and semantics, as well as their interfaces)
- Acquisition (first and second language acquisition)
- Language education/pedagogy, as related to Central Asian languages
Submissions should be uploads as a .pdf via EasyAbs (http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/ConCALL2016) by theextended deadline of Friday, 17 June, 2016. Each .pdf submission should include the following details:
- Focus: Linguistics, Grammar, and Research OR Pedagogy, Methodology, and Education
- Language Family: Iranian, Turkic, Mongolic, Tibetan, or Other
- Abstract of no more than 500 words (not including examples and references)
Please do not include name, institution, or contact information anywhere on the abstract submission, in order to keep the review procedure anonymous.
Submitters will be notified of acceptance no later than Friday, 29 July, 2016.
Questions regarding abstract submissions may be directed to ConCALL Coordinator Amber Kennedy Kent email@example.com.
Questions regarding the conference may be directed to CeLCAR’s Director Dr. Öner Özçelik firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder of Important Dates:
- Extended Proposal Submission Deadline: Friday, 17 June, 2016
- Extended Acceptance Notification: Friday, 29 July, 2016
- Registration Deadline: Friday, 2 September 2016
- Late Registration Deadline: Wednesday, 28 September, 2016
- Conference Date: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 7-9 October, 2016