Deadline for Applications: August 24, 2016
About Ghent University
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 7,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
What we are looking for
- You hold a Master’s degree in Slavic and East-European studies or an equivalent degree. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment;
- You are interested in completing doctoral research and writing a doctoral thesis in the field of Premodern Slavic Language and Culture
- Apart from Old Slavonic you know at least two of the following Slavic languages: Russian, Bulgarian, Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation in the field indicated above;
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the programme of East European Languages and Cultures;
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department and the Institute for East European Languages and Cultures;
What we can offer you
We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation.
Attention: If you are currently working as a Teaching Assistant at Ghent University and your cumulative percentage exceeds 30%, you cannot apply for this position.
Your appointment will start by 01/01/2017 at the earliest.
Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about this can be found on our website.
All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as 38 days of paid leave, a wide range of training and education opportunities, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website.
All applications must be received no later than 24/08/2016 at 23:59 (CET) at solliciterenAAP@ugent.be, with the following documents attached as one file:
– Application letter
– a transcript of the required degree
– an overview of your study results (transcript of records)
– a research proposal of 1500-2000 words
Please indicate clearly what position and department you are applying for, as well as the following reference number: 2016-08-04. You will get a confirmation e-mail as soon as we have received your application.
Attention: Late applications are not accepted.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy,