Deadline for Applications: September 15, 2016
Level: Senior Professional
Area of Expertise: General Staff/Monitoring
Vacancy Number: VNSMUS00440
Duty Station: Kyiv
View the job description: https://www.pae.com/careers-react-opportunities
In order to receive full consideration, interested parties should create an online application and enter the relevant vacancy number at: https://www.pae.com/careers-react by September 15. Only finalists will be contacted. PAE-REACT will interview short-listed candidates in order to make nominations by the OSCE deadline.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
– Advanced degree in international relations, political science or related field or graduate of a national military or police academy at officer level
– Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
– Experience in developing and implementing operational, logistics and administrative plans
– Ability to brief complex plans comprehensively, accurately and coherently
– Excellent organizational and analytical skills
– Excellent communication, presentation and team-building skills
– Negotiating experience, preferably in the area of monitoring operations and/or related activities
– Ability to work with minimum supervision in an environment where rapid response to emergencies is essential
– Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure; proven resilience to high stress environments
– Readiness to travel regularly within Ukraine, including Eastern Oblasts
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity
– Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity
– Cultural sensitivity and political judgement
– Experience in working in Eastern Europe and/or knowledge of the region (desired)
– Experience with the UN common system and/or other international organizations (desired)
– Working knowledge of the Ukrainian and/or Russian language(s) (desired)
Tasks and Responsibilities
Initial duration of appointment/assignment for this post is until 31 March 2017, subject to a subsequent OSCE Permanent Council Decision to extend the mandate of the Mission.
If applicable, deployment is subject to attendance to and successful completion of pre-deployment training and assessment.
Potential applicants should be aware that this is a non-family posting.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Planning Officer, the Planning Officer:
- Provides advice to the Senior Planning Officer on the development of plans, ensuring coherence with the Mission’s overall strategic direction;
- Provides advice to the Senior Planning Officer on strategic and operational planning policy, procedures and best practices;
- Provides recommendations on the design of mechanisms to meet the operational information gathering needs of the Mission, including plans for communications and IT support;
- Assists in the preparation of Mission-wide plans on command and control, operational, technical and expert support, deployments, personal security, logistics and administration;
- Works closely and liaises with relevant departments in the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine’s Head Office (HO) to determine necessary operational and logistics support requirements;
- Contributes to a training needs analysis and assists the Mission’s Training Department in developing training plan programmes for the expansion of the Mission;
- Performs other duties as assigned.