Deadline for Applications: October 18, 2016
ISSUED BY: Secretariat
VACANCY NUMBER: VNSECS01181
FIELD OF EXPERTISE: Economic and Environmental Affairs
DUTY STATION: Vienna
DEPARTMENT: Office of the Co-ordinator of OSCE Economic and Environmental Activities
DATE OF ENTRY ON DUTY: As soon as possible
DATE OF ISSUE: 20 September 2016
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 18 October 2016
This position is open for secondment only and participating States are kindly reminded that all costs in relation to assignment at the Secretariat must be borne by their authorities.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered. Seconded staff members in the OSCE Secretariat and Institutions are not entitled to a Board and Lodging Allowance payable by the Organization.
The principle objective of the Office of the Co-ordinator of OSCE Economic and Environmental Activities (OCEEA) is to strengthen security and stability in the OSCE region by promoting international co-operation on economic and environmental issues. The mandate of the OCEEA is guided particularly by the OSCE Strategy Document for the Economic and Environmental Dimension, approved by the OSCE Ministerial Council in Maastricht in December 2003.
The Economic Governance Unit stimulates particularly economic co-operation across the OSCE area towards strengthening good economic governance. Its activities also include improving investment and business climate, promoting efficient labour migration management and combating corruption.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Senior Economic Officer, the Programme Officer, Economic Co-operation and Governance supports and co-ordinates OSCE activities in relation to the economic governance dimension of security, particularly in the areas of anti-corruption (AC), including anti-money laundering (AML) and combating financing of terrorism (CFT). More specifically, the Programme Officer, Economic Co-operation and Governance:
- Analyses national and international trends, legal frameworks, initiatives, policies and programmes in these areas in order to identify priorities and develop and implement regional activities, programmes and projects in the areas of AC, AML/CFT;
- Develops project proposals, monitors project activities and prepares project reports;
- Assists participating States and OSCE field operations in developing national activities that promote and support capacity building in good governance, transparency, accountability and the rule of law;
- Organizes meetings, technical seminars, and conferences in the areas of economic good governance including AC, AML/CFT to support information sharing, good practice dissemination and exchange of lessons learned, handles technical and logistical arrangements, partner coordination, drafting of agendas, briefs, speeches and meeting reports, and compiles background information and presentations;
- Prepares briefing papers and reports and drafts speeches and statements to be delivered by the senior management, the Secretary General and representatives of the Chairmanship-in-Office on AC and AML/CFT issues and other relevant areas as required;
- Assists in preparing annual reports, action plans, information sheets and public communications related to AC, and AML/CFT activities;
- Assists in fund raising from delegations, international organizations or other donors, and prepares the necessary internal submissions for funding arrangement and reports on the disbursement of the funds;
- Develops and maintains contacts with the OSCE delegations and the OSCE Partners for Co-operation, with OSCE Institutions and departments and field operations in order to draw upon their expertise, provide advice, identify partners, avoid overlap and ensure co-operation and co-ordination;
- Establishes and maintains working relations with key partners;
- Provides inputs to the Economic and Environmental Forum process and to subsequent follow-up activities related to economic good governance, including AC and AML/CFT;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
For more information, and to apply, click here.