Deadline for Applications: November 1, 2016 (by midnight)
INTERNSHIP FOR UT STUDENTS AND RECENT GRADUATES IN WARSAW
Currently accepting applications!
Deadline for Spring 2017 internship: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 by midnight.
In coordination with the Adam Mickiewicz Institute, CREEES is accepting applications for a new semester-long unpaid*internship during the academic year. The internship is open to UT graduate students and undergraduate students in their junior and senior years as well as recent graduates. Internships will take place at the Warsaw editorial office of Culture.pl, a leading website about Polish culture run by the institute.
• Outstanding writing and editing skills (in English)
• Previous experience with website content management systems and/or social media
• Interest in Polish culture
Knowledge of Polish or enrollment in Polish language study or tutoring is preferred, but only required to receive travel funding.
Interns will collaborate with the editorial team of the English version of Culture.pl. They will be expected to work on-site, Monday-Friday from 10am to 4pm during the duration of the 2-3 month internship (exact dates to be arranged). Theintern’s daily duties will include:
• Preparing press materials for publication on the website
• Compose or edit written content about Polish culture
• Promote the website through link building and social media activity
• Publish content on the website
• Assist the web publishing team with the upkeep of the website
NOTE: Specialized internships can also be arranged for the following areas of focus:
graphic design * film editing * translation
Please clearly state your interest in whichever area you are hoping to work and describe your qualifications in the area in your cover letter.
• A friendly, English-speaking work environment in Warsaw’s trendiest district
• An introduction to the basic techniques of internet marketing
• Opportunities to publish original articles on one of Poland’s leading English-language websites
• Connections to potential housing options in Warsaw (rooms typically rent for approx. $300-$600/month)
• $1,500 professional development award from the UT Polish Studies Endowment for interns who qualify.*
*Note: Must either plan to study Polish while in Warsaw, be interested in Polish cultural studies, or have Polish language background to qualify for this funding.
For more information and application instructions: http://liberalarts.utexas.edu/slavic/scholarships-funding/internship-in-warsaw.php
Please direct inquiries to:
Lea Berriault, Adam Mickiewicz Institute