Deadline for Applications: December 26, 2017
THE HIGHER SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS, ST. PETERSBURG
POSITIONS IN RUSSIAN AND COMPARATIVE LITERATURE
Department of Comparative Literature and Linguistics, HSE St. Petersburg, announced three vacancies (rank open) in the fields of Russian and comparative literature and literary theory, beginning in September 2017. We are seeking scholars interested in interdisciplinary approach to literature and cultural history. In particular, the following fields of specialization are sought:
- Anglo–American literature (taught in English)
- Russian and European poetry of the nineteenth and twentieth century.
- Literature, cultural history and theory of modern time (20th-21st century)
Applicants must have a PhD or have definitive plans for obtaining the doctoral degree by the end of the 2016-2017 academic year.
Applications should be addressed to Boris Gasparov, Dept. chair, at <email@example.com>. An application should include:
- CV (including list of publications and information about teaching experience)
- A writing sample (recent publication or a work prepared for publishing)
- Names of addresses of two references.
- A syllabus of an undergraduate research seminar, including brief description, reading for 20 classes, and a list of suggested research topics.
The department will begin reviewing the applications after December 26.
Additional information about the HSE program is available at the website http://spb.hse.ru/ba/philology/.