Study Abroad | International Office
Graduate Student Assistant
Hours: Maximum of 19 hours per week. The hourly rate is $12.
Starting: Fall 2013, start date varies by position.
Required: individual must be available to work between 15-19 hours during Fall 2013 and Spring 2014, if applicable. Summer 2014 may be a possible extension for some positions, noted below.
There are four positions, and five vacancies:
- Advising Team support – reporting to Advising Team Leader (2 positions), Fall and Spring, start no later than first class day.
- Freeman Grant support – reporting to Program Coordinator, Fall only, Spring pending grant renewal, to start immediately
- Student Travel Policy support – reporting to Health and Safety Coordinator, 12 mos. Position (includes Summer 2014), to start immediately.
- Leadership support – reporting to Assistant Director, Fall and Spring, start no later than first class day.
Overview of Duties:
- Advising students for summer programs (Spain, UK, Italy)
- Presenting to small student groups
- Schedule meetings and outreach events across campus
- Assist with customer service, particularly Study Abroad front desk / peer advisor desk, general (including email) correspondence and phone as needed
- Database management, student records organization, website updates
- Other duties as assigned
Required: Flexible, organized, independent worker, strong verbal and written communication skills, familiarity with data tracking and analysis, and advanced use and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite,
Preferred: Knowledge of University administrative processes and customer service experience is helpful.
For Advising Team support positions, candidates with study abroad experience, peer advising experience and/or tutoring experience will be preferred.
Applicants are to send a one page cover letter and resume and class schedule for Fall 2013 to:firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line “GA Applicant for Study Abroad”. Students that telephone directly with questions or email materials directly to a study abroad staff member will not be considered.
Applications will be received August 1 – Friday, August 9.
Finalists will be contacted for one hour interviews (in-person or Skype) for the week of August 12th -16th.
Advising Team Leader | Study Abroad
The University of Texas at Austin
Phone: (512) 471-6965
Email: rwaller @ austin.utexas.edu
Campus Mail Code: A7000
Please note that the International Office/International Student & Scholar Services/Study Abroad/ESL Services has moved to 2400 Nueces Street, Suite B, Austin, Texas 78705. (Campus Address: INT – A7000) Please visit this link for more information: http://world.utexas.edu/about/moved