GRE • SAT
Test Preparation Instructor Positions
We are seeking test preparation instructors for our GRE and SAT classes. These are part-time positions with classes once per week on Sundays. We seek intelligent, charismatic instructors who have both top test scores and excellent teaching skills. Our company has a social mission to provide top caliber test preparation courses at a value price. Team Sherwood is committed to the social responsibility of accessible test preparation courses: Everyone deserves to put their best score out there.
Salary: $30/hour for GRE and/or SAT classroom instruction.
• Education: Current graduate or professional student (Ph.D. (or equivalent), Master’s, J.D.); or Completed Ph.D. (or equivalent), J.D., or Master’s degree.
• Test Scores: Top-tier test scores on one of the following: GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or SAT.
• Teaching Experience: Have taught at least one university semester/quarter class. Prior university teaching experience is required.
• Quantitative and Verbal Skills: Must have BOTH excellent math and verbal/writing skills. Sherwood Test Prep Instructors teach the entire course.
• Consistent Sunday Commitment: We seek team players who are flexible and can teach on consecutive Sundays throughout the entire year. We only take off four weekends per year (those corresponding to): Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s. Instructors can teach from 3 to 6 hours per weekend.
If interested, please send your (1) Cover Letter, (2) Resume/Vita, and (3) Test Scores to: email@example.com
Interviews and hiring are to commence immediately.
Teaching test preparation is a fun and rewarding experience. As an instructor you will have the opportunity to help bright, high-achieving students achieve their goals and dreams of entering their first choice Universities and programs. We hire good people who are intelligent, compassionate, honorable, and dependable. All test prep instructors are respectfully treated as faculty members and are afforded autonomy and latitude in the courses they teach.
At Sherwood Test Prep, our work is to help others.
If you’d like to unsubscribe and stop receiving these emails click here.
From: <Reavley>, Thomas M <firstname.lastname@example.org>
iSchoolers, grad coordinators & Drupalistas,
My colleague in the International Office is looking to help maintain our new Drupal website. Please forward this posting to any current UT grad students who may be interested.
See the job posting below for more info.
(NOTE to interested applicants: if you try to check out our website, be aware that next week we are migrating from Joomla to Drupal, sohttp://world.utexas.edu
may be down for up to 24 hours)
Sent from my iPhone
Begin forwarded message:
Graduate Student Position: Web Developer
The UT International Office (IO) is the institutional home for Study Abroad, International Student & Scholar Services, English as a Second Language Services, Global Risk & Safety, and Global Initiatives. Our goal is to provide opportunities to learn about the world through education.
We are seeking a graduate student with the skills to assist with maintenance of the IO website <http://world.utexas.edu>, as well as manage the creation and implementation of new sub-sites, pages and elements for the site.
The Web Developer will act as project coordinator and primary client contact for assigned sites, support other Web site design, development and maintenance projects. The Web Developer will use content management system (CMS) and hand-coding HTML and CSS to develop Web pages. The International Office uses Drupal as its CMS.
- · Must be a graduate student at The University of Texas at Austin for the Fall 2013 semester
- · Knowledge of web content management solution design and template development, includingDrupal, Joomla or WordPress
- · Knowledge of standards-compliant web development in HTML, XHTML, CSS, and scripting languages (PHP), as well as ability to hand-code HTML and CSS
- · Ability to develop and test web content and standards-compliant code for cross-platform and cross-browser compatibility
- · Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- · Understanding of fundamental design principles typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color and composition
- · Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
- · Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative or advisory role
- · Attentive to design details, such as text formatting and style
- · Experience with ADA web accessibility compliance
- · Familiarity with web services, syndication, tagging and search engine optimization
- · Experience interpreting website analytics (Urchin, Google Analytics)
- · An interest in usability and user-centered design principles
Pay: $12 per hour
Appointment: 15-19 hours per week
*Not benefits eligible*
Working hours will be between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. on weekdays (exact schedule can be worked out with supervisor)
How to Apply:
Submit your writing sample, resume and a short cover letter to Darcy McGillicuddy: email@example.com.
Please reference “IO Web Developer” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline for applying is: Friday, November 15, 2013.
I work at a small English language school on 24th street. We are currently seeking a half-time office assistant who has Chinese language skills. The position would involve administrative/reception tasks and also correspondence with prospective applicants from China. If you think anyone in your network (alumni, graduate students, etc.) would be interested, please feel free to pass along the ad:
Thank you and please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Ms. Sarah Conlon
Student Services Administrator, DSO, ARO
Texas Intensive English Program
1103 West 24th St.
Austin, TX 78705 U.S.A.
Tel: +1 (512) 477-4511
Fax: +1 (512) 322-0592
A program of the Texas International Education Consortium
I’m in the final stages of a MFA screenwriting program in the Radio Television Film department here at UT. For my internship I’m writing for a video game development company called Spacetime Studios. We’re looking for native speakers of a number of languages for translation jobs on a contract basis. The content is all video game marketing material geared toward prospective consumers. I can serve as the initial contact point for interested bilingual people – fluent English plus one or more other language(s). The languages we need most right now are Malay and Indonesian, but we’re interested in building a pool of resumes. The work pays $15 per hour and is all done remotely via email. Would you please forward this request to any potentially interested people?
Thank you much.
m.gammon (@) utexas.edu
MFA Screenwriting Student
Radio – Television – Film
University of Texas at Austin
Courtney C. Whittaker | HR Manager
Buffalo Technology (USA), Inc.
11100 Metric Blvd, Ste. 750 | Austin, TX 78758
(512) 349-1305 | courtneyw @ buffalotech.com
Based in Austin, TX, Buffalo Technology (USA) is a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of network and direct attached storage and wired and wireless networking solutions. With offices worldwide and deeply rooted industry alliances, Buffalo weaves innovation, reliability, practicality and performance into each product we manufacture and ship. Our goal is to provide top of the line storage and networking products that take our customers to the next level at a price they can afford.
Buffalo Technology (USA) is currently recruiting for an Executive Administrative Assistant/Translator role. This position will support the Chief Executive Officer and the Vice President of Sales & Operations.
Main Job Functions:
• Translate Japanese to English and English to Japanese for the Chief Executive Officer in meetings, conference calls, and in written form as well.
• Manage and maintain executives’ schedules
• Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, emails and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, or presentation software
• Schedule executives’ travel
• Special projects as assigned
• Attention to detail and highly organized
• Confident and articulate speaker
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English and Japanese language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
• Able to communicate effectively and efficiently to all levels of employees
• Intermediate to Advance in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• 3 years of experience
Buffalo Technology (USA),Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.