Since the initial release in 2015, the UT Drupal Kit’s release schedule has been variable, depending on a number of factors:
- Releases of Drupal core, which are not on a regular schedule and are sometimes announced with little or no warning
- Critical security releases of Drupal core or contrib modules
- Important functionality updates or bug-fixes for the Forty Acres theme, Page Builder modules, or other custom code
Nearly one year after the release of UT Drupal Kit (UTDK) 2.0, with the early kinks of the custom features worked out, and core and contrib update releases for the Drupal 7 branch coming much less frequently, the overall pace of change for the UTDK distribution has slowed considerably.
In order to provide a more predictable release schedule for developers, the UTDK team will now follow a bi-monthly maintenance release policy, while still holding open the option for patch-level releases in between maintenance releases in case of a critical security update or bug fix.
The target release schedule going forward looks like this:
- October 5, 2016 – UT Drupal Kit 7.x-2.4
- December 6, 2016 – UT Drupal Kit 7.x-2.5
- February 7, 2017 – UT Drupal Kit 7.x-2.6
- April 4, 2017 – UT Drupal Kit 7.x-2.7
Adjustments to this schedule will be annouced on this blog and on the UT Drupal users mailing list.
If you have questions or concerns about the UTDK release cycle, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.