ITS is happy to announce the immediate availability of UT Drupal Kit 2.4, the fourth maintenance release for our University distribution since the inclusion of the Forty Acres theme and the Page Builder module.
This release includes a number of contrib module updates, small bug-fixes, and enhancements.
Social Media Integrations
- The Instagram icon in use across the various social media account features has been updated to use Instagram’s new branding
- The admin forms for the sitewide social account configuration and page-level social media widget allow the various services to be drag-and-dropped into a custom order for display
- Pinterest has been added to the options for sitewide social media account display
Page Builder Enhancements
- The editorial UX for the Contact Info widget has been improved, allowing editors to assign the same title to multiple widgets, and providing a direct “Edit” link from the page view
- Relative file links are now supported in the multi-value link fields for content widgets
- A bug was fixed which prevented site administrators from setting a custom text format filter order on the “Filtered HTML” text format
- Breadcrumb visibility can now be controlled on a per-content type and per-page basis on the Standard Page and Landing Page content types (see documentation update)
- The Featured Highlight field is now an available option on Landing Page template 2 (NOTE: Owners of existing sites will need to update their template entity manually in order to make this option visible)
- The search form placeholder text on the search results page can now be edited and resubmitted for a new search
- Anchor tags in menu items are no longer being stripped out
- Subpixel-antialising has been added to the Forty Acres theme
- Site owners can now choose whether to display the site navigation on 404 (Page Not Found) pages (see documentation update)
How to Update the UT Drupal Kit
Complete instructions and download links for updating a UT Drupal Kit site are available on the documentation wiki.
Please review the release notes thoroughly, and always make backups of your code, files, and database before proceeding with an update!