UT Drupal Kit 2.37.0 is an ad-hoc maintenance release for the University of Texas at Austin’s distribution of the Drupal web content management system. This release includes updates to Drupal core and multiple contrib modules, and a few minor bugfixes. There are no other changes in this release.
IMPORTANT NOTE: There are no more scheduled releases of the 2.x/Drupal 7 branch of the UT Drupal Kit. Future releases will be created on an “as-needed” basis until January 2025, driven by availability of updates for Drupal 7 core and contrib.For more information, see Update on Drupal 7 end-of-life and the UT Drupal Kit (August 2023).
Drupal Core update
The 2.37 release incorporates the most recent release of Drupal Core, bringing it from 7.92 up to the latest version (7.98).
- Drupal 7.93 Release Notes (Bugfix release)
- Drupal 7.94 Release Notes (Bugfix release)
- Drupal 7.95 Release Notes (Security release)
- Drupal 7.96 Release Notes (Security release)
- Drupal 7.97 Release Notes (Bugfix release)
- Drupal 7.98 Release Notes (Bugfix release)
Contributed module updates
The following contributed modules are updated in this release.
- admin_menu: from 7.x-3.0-rc6 to 7.x-3.0-rc7
- ckeditor: from 7.x-1.22 to 7.x-1.23
- context: from 7.x-3.11 to 7.x-3.12
- ctools: from 7.x-1.20 to 7.x-1.21
- date: from 7.x-2.13 to 7.x-2.14
- entityreference: from 7.x-1.5 to 7.x-1.9
- file_entity: from 7.x-2.36 to 7.x-2.37
- jquery_update: from 7.x-2.7 to 7.x-4.1
- media: from 7.x-2.28 to 7.x-2.30
- media_youtube: from 7.x-3.11 to 7.x-3.12
- metatag: from 7.x-1.30 to 7.x-1.32
- migrate: from 7.x-2.11 to 7.x-2.12
- panels: from 7.x-3.10 to 7.x-3.11
- pathologic: from 7.x-3.1 to 7.x-3.2
- special_menu_items: from 7.x-2.1 to 7.x-2.2
- views: from 7.x-3.27 to 7.x-3.29
- xmlsitemap: from 7.x-2.6 to 7.x-2.7
How to update the UT Drupal Kit
Complete instructions and download links for updating a UT Drupal Kit site are available on the documentation wiki. Pantheon site dashboards that use the UT Drupal Kit distribution should see the upstream updates available now; see the Pantheon documentation for more information on applying upstream updates.
Please review the changelog thoroughly, and always make backups of your code, files, and database before proceeding with an update!
Drupal 7 end-of-life
The 2.x branch of the UT Drupal Kit is based on Drupal 7, which was first released in January 2011, and is scheduled to reach its official “end of life” on January 5, 2025. All sites using Drupal 7 should be moved to a newer, supported CMS platform by that date. For more information on this transition, please see Update on Drupal 7 end-of-life and the UT Drupal Kit (August 2023).
To discuss options for migrating a UT Drupal Kit 2 site to a newer, supported platform, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.