Our Team

Student Leadership Team

Andrew Young
Project Manager
LinkedInEmail
Yung-Chi Kung
Connected and Automated Vehicle (CAV) Lead
LinkedInEmail
Arthur Zhang
Perception/Autonomy Specialist
LinkedInPersonal WebsiteEmail
Rishab Anand
Propulsion Controls & Modeling (PCM) Lead
LinkedInEmail
Jimena Casas
Equity & Mobility Leader (EML)
LinkedInEmail
Ricardo Bowers
Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
LinkedInEmail
Umesh Malepati
Systems Designs & Integration
LinkedInEmail
Sherwin Shan
Communications Manager
LinkedInEmail

Student Sub-Teams

Connected and Automated Vehicle Team

Kaleb Vasquez
CAV Team

Hi, my name is Kaleb Vasquez and I’m a member of the CAV Team. I’ll be working on modifying the Lyriq’s CAD files on Siemens NX with our teams suggested changes. In my free time I love to watch movies and spend time with my 2 miniature schnauzers.

LinkedIn
Javier Ramirez III
CAV Team

Hello I’m Javier Ramirez III. I am currently pursuing a bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering and am excited to be part of the team!

LinkedIn
Fernando Peraza
CAV Team

Hello, my name is Fernando Peraza. I am a sophomore Chemical Engineering student and I am excited to be part of the EcoCAR team! I am interested in the applications of renewable energy technologies and the automotive industry.

LinkedIn
Ryan Harding
CAV Team

Hello! I am an undergraduate Computer Science major at UT, and I am excited to participate in the EcoCAR Challenge! When I am not coding, I like to make music, play video games, and watch sports.

LinkedIn
Luis Cervantes
CAV Team

Hello! I’m Luis Cervantes. I’m a second-year Electrical and Computer engineering student, and I’m excited to be a part of this team. Hook ’em!

LinkedIn
Luke Elliot
CAV Team

Hey all. My name is Luke Elliott but I also go by Buck. I am a second year mechanical engineering student whose hobbies include working out and playing guitar.

LinkedIn
Jack Perkins
CAV Team

Hello, I’m Jack Perkins and I’m a second-year Computer Science major from The Woodlands, Texas. In my free time, I enjoy playing my guitar, lifting weights, and listening to Tyler Childers.

LinkedIn
Adwaith Kumar
CAV Team

My name is Adwaith Kumar and I’m a freshman mechanical engineering student from Frisco. In my free time I enjoy playing tennis and exploring Austin with friends.

LinkedIn
Bridgette Nguyen
CAV Team

I’m a third year Mechanical Engineering Student from Houston. In my free time I like to knit, crochet, and workout.

LinkedIn
Joshua Lewis
CAV Team

Hi, my name is Joshua Lewis and I’m a Mechanical Engineer with an interest in programming and control systems. I am a huge Formula 1 fan and enjoy travelling. I’m also from Austin, TX and enjoy being creative!

LinkedIn
ruojon Lu
CAV Team

I’m a undergraduate mechanical engineering and math student. I’m looking forward to learning through the progress of this competition. I enjoy traveling and running in my free time.

LinkedIn
Sarvesh Chezhian
CAV Team

LinkedIn
Ricardo Bowers
CAV Team

I am a graduate student researching robotics and data-driven control. In my free time, I enjoy hiking and doing things outdoors

LinkedIn

Perception and Autonomy Team

Raymond Hong
PA Team

I am Raymond Hong, a senior computer science major. I’m also a proud member of the perception and autonomy team

LinkedIn
Pranav Kalyani
PA Team

My name is Pranav, I’m a second year grad student in the mechanical engineering department. In my free time I like to play soccer and explore Austin.

LinkedIn
Shrey Gupta
PA Team

I’m Shrey Gupta, a computer science major at the UT. On the EcoCAR challenge, I am part of the perception and autonomy subteam. My research interests lie within autonomous robotics. Academically, I am also interested in finance and public policy!

LinkedIn
Chaitanya Eranki
PA Team

I am an undergraduate Computer Science major at UT Austin. In addition to working on robots and coding, I love to watch anime and play table tennis. Let me know if you have any anime recommendations!

LinkedIn
Lochana Kalyanaraman
PA Team

Hello! My name is Lochana Kalyanaraman and I am a sophomore Computer Science major. I am very passionate about Robotics and Data Science and am excited to be involved with the EcoCAR project! Outside of academics, I love to spend time with my family, read, travel, and learn new things.

LinkedIn
Christina Zhang
PA Team

Hello, my name is Christina Zhang. I am a junior at UT Austin studying computer science and mathematics. I love fencing and playing the cello!

LinkedIn

Propulsion, Controls and Modeling Team

Huanghaohe Zou
PCM Team

I’m currently a Ph.D. student at the University of Texas at Austin, under the track of Power Electronics & Power Systems, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering. I usually can be found strumming my guitar, slapping my bass, or reading books during my free time.

LinkedIn
Favian Sun
PCM Team

Hi, I’m Favian. I’m an undergrad Electrical Engineering major, passionate about circuit design and analysis. Outside of school, I enjoy rock climbing and good food (bread, matcha, and anything sweet are the best).

LinkedIn
Minhyuk Cho
PCM Team

Before beginning my Masters at UT, I served in the ROK army in the 6th Infantry Division with a honorable discharge as a sergeant in 2021. During this time I developed leadership as a squad leader and communication skill as a signaller. I also volunteered for COVID-19 quarantine support at Incheon International Airport as a translation officer.

LinkedIn
Paavani Rai
PCM Team

Hey! My name is Paavani, I am undergraduate student majoring in Aerospace Engineering. I am a big rocket nerd and love building cool stuff in exciting projects! I am working on the PCM team and am trying to figure out different configurations for the motors in the car. Really excited to be on the team and work on the car!

LinkedIn
Jeter Ocampo
PCM Team

Currently I am a second year electrical and computer engineering major with a passion for renewable energy. At UT, I got involved with SASE (Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers) and joined an IM basketball and ultimate team from my hobbies of running, basketball, and ultimate to balance my life out.

LinkedIn
Vanshik Aluri
PCM Team

Hi! I’m Vanshik Aluri, and I am a second year aerospace engineering major. I like to play sports a lot in my free time, especially basketball, and I love spending time with my friends and family.

LinkedIn
John Yi
PCM Team

When I’m not focused on keeping my grades up, I enjoy sleeping, watching YouTube, and working on side projects utilizing CAD and coding.

LinkedIn
Anthony Concepcion
PCM Team

Hello, I am a Ph.D. student in Mechanical Engineering at UT Austin. My ambition is to improve the energy consumption and driving range of the Cadillac LYRIQ. I am passionate about battery modeling and I am  excited to be developing novel control algorithms and innovative battery management systems. My hobbies include running, Salsa dancing, and badminton.

LinkedIn
Patrick Han
PCM Team

Hi I’m Patrick. Proud Longhorn and Propulsions Control Management Team Member. As I serve this team, I’m excited to learn about the automotive industry. I am grateful to be given this opportunity to work with like-minded peers who are striving to do the best in their field. Can’t wait to win this competition and make UT Proud!

LinkedIn
John Maweu
PCM Team

I’m John. I prefer to see controls from the application side and work towards the satisfaction of stakeholders. If math is to be applied, then use that. If coding is involved, then do that. If I need to hit the datasheets, then that’s what happens. For me, the datasheets are probably the funnest. Also fun is playing piano and taking advantage of the finite number of sunsets the I can experience.

LinkedIn
Hunter Mack
PCM Team

I am from Virginia Beach, VA. I love to play sports and general comptetive activities. I also enjoy watching anime and hanging out with friends. My favorite past time is cooking, specifcally for others.

LinkedIn
Lucas Lawless
PCM Team

Hi, my name is Lucas Lawless. I am a Sophomore Mechanical Engineering student at The University of Texas and I am excited to be part of the EcoCAR team! I am interested in renewable energy technologies and their application in the automotive industry

LinkedIn
Tyler Winter
PCM Team

Hey, my name is Tyler Winter and I am a third-year Mechanical Engineering student. When I’m not doing school work, I can be found playing my guitar, doing photography, or playing sports.

LinkedIn

Systems Safety Team

Robin Sambuis
Garage Manager

Hi! My name is Robin and I am an undergraduate student studying mechanical engineering. I love learning more about cars and am looking forward to being a part of this journey! In my free time, you can find me working out or spending time with my family and friends.

LinkedIn

Equity in Mobility Team

Rohan Mhetar
DEI Team Member

I’m currently an undergraduate student in the computer science program. I’m a technical project manager in Texas Convergent and love working on side projects. When I’m free, I enjoy going out, exercising, and watching sports.

LinkedIn
Isabela Rodriguez
DEI Team Member

I am currently pursuing an Electrical and Computer Engineering degree. Some of my hobbies include music, reading and exploring the city! I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I also have a passion for helping others and hope to incorporate that passion into the EcoCAR Challenge.

LinkedIn

Project Management Team

Zakaria Amor
PM Team
LinkedIn
Sumedh Gosavi
PM Team

Hi! I am Sumedh, a Masters student pursuing Engineering Management. Being a massive fan of automobiles, vehicles of any size/shape interest me a lot & I follow motorsports like F1/Formula-E & Rallying. Really excited to be part of this team and looking forward to actively contribute and scale new heights.

LinkedIn
Jonathan Odima
PM Team

Hello! My name is Jonathan Odima, and I’m a 3rd Year Aerospace Engineering major. I enjoy writing and reading, along with all things science-fiction.

Faculty Advisors

Junmin Wang
Lead Faculty Advisor
LinkedInPersonal Website
Joydeep Biswas
Faculty Advisor
LinkedInPersonal Website
Alex Huang
Faculty Advisor
LinkedInPersonal Website

Social Widgets powered by AB-WebLog.com.

×