Factor Health tests and builds programs at scale that deliver health outside health care with outcomes worth paying for. We get things done because we never underestimate the complexity of our health care system, and we’re energized by the goal of delivering nothing less than what any one of us would want in real life.
Putting health care dollars to work to solve health in real life. We test & build discrete health programs that are downstream from population health, but upstream of acute and other medically-oriented care. We’re flipping the script, developing health programs outside of health care, referring back in to clinical touch points only as necessary.
What about upstream work on social determinants of health? Our work complements, extends but does not substitute for the critical work on addressing structural, social determinants of health including racism and poverty. Our programs address individual risk factors much as a physician or hospital might, but offers solutions that are personalized so much that they integrate with the cadence of life, rather than requiring us to disrupt our lives to go to healthcare. We are also exploring how coordinated social interventions for families and smaller groups that allow for peer support, for example, can provide more effective health solutions.
- Review our current programs.
- We begin outside of health care, addressing conditions that can be actively managed with primarily non-clinical programs, in timeframes of less than 2 years. The programs refer people back to health care as necessary, flipping the script.
- We believe that those providing services to better address people’s health needs where they live, work, eat and play should be paid for the value they generate.
- We see that social service organizations provide great value in delivering health outside health care but require investment in design and partnerships.
- We work with health care payers from the start, to not only build relevant business cases but also address payment mechanisms.
- We start with programs designed to serve the needs of those that most need real life health, often the under and uninsured. But we envision health for everyone and explore opportunities to innovate where they arise, believing that early action and impact will build on itself to help us reach the most people, faster.
How it Works
Factor Health builds alignment between all necessary contributors to improve health given specific real life conditions, optimizes likelihood of the greatest impact through pragmatic design, and derisks early participation by providing expertise, experience, management and as necessary funding to test and build programs that deliver outcomes worth paying for. Factor Health works with:
- Payers who are interested in finding new ways to pay for the outcomes they want to see in their member population, to establish outcomes worth paying for and to prepare to pay at scale if results achieved.
- Provider partners, carefully selected, trusted organizations who excel at bringing you real-life health to help shape and deliver community-based social interventions
- Multidisciplinary teams to build out, based on the partners existing strengths, a specific health program.
- Researchers to rigorously assess over a two-year period whether clinically-relevant outcomes are met.
- Payers and health care business innovators to focus on economics and payment models at every stage
How We Work With Payers
Factor Health’s Base Model partnership provides health care payers the opportunity to co-design assessments of community-based social interventions that reflect their membership and demonstrate clinically relevant outcomes. This opportunity is offered without financial risk of intervention payment and requires the engagement of the payer to work toward payment methodologies for contracting successful interventions following the demonstration period.