Our team is on the cutting edge of Financial Technologies. We research the far reaching implications of the groundbreaking technology that make up blockchains and cryptocurrencies.
Each week our team meets to discuss a brand new concept of the rapidly evolving cryptocurrency ecosystem. These lectures come from students, undergraduates to PhD’s, professors, and professionals working in the field of financial technology and blockchain. These lectures are recorded and will be freely available for everyone to learn from.
Topics of lectures include:
- The basics of “What is blockchain and cryptocurrencies?”
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Yield Farming, and Smart Contracts
- Setting up and running active nodes on the Polkadot and Solana networks
- Regulation and public policy
- Exploring the coding and technological infrastructure of Decentralized Applications (Dapps)
- The ethical and socioeconomic implications of crypto on society
- and more…
With funding from the McComb’s School of Business, we will start our own investment fund to research the real-world applications of these new financial technologies. We plan on investing in several different classes of cryptocurrencies to better understand where the future of this technology is headed and to work out successful investment strategies, especially in the DeFi space.