Requesting HFSA Co-Sponsorship
In addition to collaborating with our campus community on events and initiatives, HFSA also believes in uplifting our partners’ efforts through financial co-sponsorships. A co-sponsorship is funding for a specific event/function for which HFSA receives a benefit as well as recognition for the co-sponsor. Co-sponsorship amounts will vary depending on the scope and costs associated with the event, as well as available funds in any given year. The average award is $1,000.
HFSA places a high priority on co-sponsoring events that supports the mission of promoting understanding and respect of Hispanic culture on our campus through advocacy, education, and service.
- Any student organization, department, or community entity may request an event/function co-sponsorship.
- Organizations may only receive funding once per year (September 1-August 31).
- Only complete requests will be considered and are subject to the administrative and accounting rules of The University of Texas at Austin. There is no guarantee that requests will be granted.
How to Apply:
If you or your organization would like to seek a co-sponsorship from HFSA, please complete the Sponsorship Request Form and include the following documents:
- Proposal letter describing organization and event (.docx or .pdf)
- Include description of programming/events you are requesting support for
- Provide details of the benefit to the HFSA and UT community
- Budget spreadsheet
- Sponsorship packet (if available)
- Typically includes proposal letter, statement of need, benefits to the university, program ad details, etc
- If sponsorship packet includes proposal and budget, please only submit sponsorship packet
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The HFSA Executive Board will review submissions and provide decisions as they come.
Application Review Process:
Applications are reviewed each fall and spring semester.
- Review committee is comprised of HFSA executive board.
- Only complete applications are reviewed; please submit all required documents.
- Applications are reviewed in the order they are received.
- Organizations will be notified of application status soon after each deadline.
Questions and Contact:
Please contact HFSA at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions regarding Sponsorship Requests.