The Internet opens countless avenues of communication and convenience, but brings risk as well. Attackers can use seemingly innocuous social media connections and other information to find sensitive information about you, like your home address, password security questions, and more.
Learn how and why people may try to find you via the Internet, and learn how to:
- Conduct a self-background check
- Create free anonymous mail addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers
- Control your privacy settings on social networks and remove sensitive data
- Remove your personal information from public databases and people search websites
- System administrators
- IT Staff supporting law enforcement, other public officials, and VIPs
- Privacy enthusiasts
- Victims of identity theft
Much of the presentation has an interactive component, so please open it in another window and participate when prompted.