Goodnight–Noel, July 2, 2017

If it’s alright with you, after dinner, I think I’m going to spend the rest of the night by myself. It is nothing against you or anything- I just know that I need to spend some time by myself. I digest so much art, so much sound, so much color, so many shapes. What once felt refreshing as fountains on a hot day now is making my skin pruney and my eyes heavy. So I will have this night for myself.

Noel 1

Maybe I’ll be in Piazza Navona in Rome drawing people who pass by. Or maybe I’ll be in that large park behind the Arezzo Duomo eating a “chickenburger”. Or maybe I’ll get lost somewhere in Venice, listening to the Akira Wakabayashi’s piano rendition of the Nutcracker score. I don’t want anyone knowing where I’m at for these couple of hours so I can feel peacefully alone.

Noel 3

Noel 4

Tomorrow I promise to be amicable, to be bright, to be active. Tomorrow we can check out the cool restaurant we passed by earlier today in Rome or find that bookstore in Florence that sells English-language books. Just give me tonight to be still.

Noel 2

Attached are the places I spent happily by myself. Even if I’m in a new country with a new culture and a new language, I’m happy that I can make once unknown places suddenly feel like home.

I’ll see you tomorrow, goodnight.

19 thoughts on “Goodnight–Noel, July 2, 2017

1. Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely useful info specifically the ultimate part :) I handle such information much. I was seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time. Thanks and good luck. |

2. I’m not sure exactly why but this weblog is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.|

3. Excellent blog here! Also your web site loads up fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol|

4. I absolutely love your website.. Pleasant colors & theme. Did you develop this website yourself? Please reply back as I’m planning to create my own personal website and would love to know where you got this from or what the theme is named. Many thanks!|

5. This is the right blog for anyone who hopes to understand this topic. You know a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a brand new spin on a topic that has been discussed for many years. Great stuff, just great!|

6. It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this put up and if I may just I desire to recommend you some attention-grabbing things or advice. Maybe you can write next articles relating to this article. I want to learn even more things approximately it!|