The Texas Institute for Excellence in Mental Health was awarded funding by The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) to help advance innovation in health prevention services. These services will support residents of Texas, youth (ages 6-17), young adults (ages 18-25), parents and caregivers, and members of their support system. TIEMH identified 15 underserved communities in Texas to participate in the Innovative Healing Centered Projects (IHCPs). These communities will use funds to promote mental health wellness and prevent substance use by providing interventions to support resilience, social and community connectedness, healing, and referrals for people who experienced Adverse Childhood Experiences, multigenerational trauma, or have emergent behavioral health needs due to COVID-19.
Community organizations will also screen for mental health, substance use, and social determinants of health needs and if needed, offer referral pathways to appropriate clinical and non-clinical resources, services, and support in the community. IHCPs will provide innovative peer services, mindfulness and yoga-based programs, community and school-based wellness, and peer mentorship and leadership programs.
The Innovative Healing Centered Projects community partners are:
- Rainbow Days, Innovative Behavioral Health Peer Support Services, Dallas
- Recovery Council of Southeast Texas, Community Wellness Center, Beaumont
- The Council on Recovery, Peer Mentorship Program, Houston
- Alpha Home, Innovative Peer Services, San Antonio
- Thriving United, Alternative Peer Support Group, Midland
- Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN), Mindfulness & School-based Wellness Center,
- The City of Lubbock, Community Behavioral Health Worker Program, Lubbock
- East Texas Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (ETCADA), Innovative Peer Services &
- Behavioral Health Solutions of South Texas, Mindfulness, Community & School-based Wellness,
- Camino Real Community Services, Community Wellness Center, Lytle
- Aliviane, Community Wellness Center, El Paso
- Next Step Community Solutions, School-based Wellness Program, Innovative Peer Services, Mindfulness and Yoga-based Program, & Leadership Program, Tyler
- D. Wood Foundation, Peer Mentorship & Leadership Program, Austin
- Youth180, School-based Wellness & Peer Mentorship Program, Dallas
- Amplify Center, Community Wellness, Leadership & Mindfulness Program, Austin
Please contact Amy Schryver email@example.com if you would like more information.